Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Welcome to Lola Living Life!

Hey guys, my name is Lola and I'm the voice behind this brand spankin' new little blog! I've tried blogging before but haven't quite been able to find my niche.  I've decided that instead of trying to do a crafts only blog or a food only blog, I'm going to try my hand at a lifestyle blog...I'll try and post a little something every day and share a bit of my life with you!

A little about me...

My given, legal name is Ashlee.  When my fiance and I first started dating, he asked me if I had a nickname, which I did have - my mom has called me Lola for as long as I can remember. He loved it and to this day he calls me Lola 95% of the time - He even called me Lola while proposing! He's now trying to claim that he was asking somebody else, but I'm pretty dang sure it was MY hand he was holding - and I've got photographic evidence! That sucker's not going anywhere...Uh, I mean, I'm so glad to be marrying the man I love! :) We're planning on a summer wedding next year and I'm going to DIY-ing a lot of stuff, including - I know, I know I'm crazy - our announcements! So you'll get to share with me this crazy journey I'll be on! 

We have a 3 1/2 year old son who is affectionately nicknamed Bubbas.  I started calling him that almost as soon as I brought him home from the hospital, why I have no idea but it's stuck and now, when he's feeling particularly stubborn he'll yell back at me "NO, MAMA!! I BUBBAS!" when I try and yell his name.  

My fiance and I are both full-time students, he's thisclose to graduating Cal State San Bernardino and I'm over at a local community college getting my undergrad stuff out of the way before hopefully transferring to CSUSB.  We live with his parents right in the middle of San Bernardino where it is fiiiinnnnaaallllyyyy starting to cool down YAY! 

That's really it for about now! I don't really know where this blog will take me, or where I even want it to take me, but we can find out together! Take this journey with me, will you?






No comments:

Post a Comment